Galoy Developer Documentation
Overview of Galoy
The Galoy core banking platform includes the parts necessary to launch a community bank on Bitcoin and Lightning. It is designed to be modular and extensible, so that it can be customized to meet the needs of any community or organization.
Join the Galoy Workspace and say hello in the Town Square – there is a community of devs happy to help you get up and running.
- Galoy Core – interacts with the bitcoin and accounting layers to enable sending, receiving and holding balances. Check out the API section for an interactive tutorial to get started with our hosted instance.
- Stablesats – service for implementing fiat hedging strategies via supported exchanges; enables the provision of synthetic USD to provide dollar-like stability without stablecoins.
- Bria - a service for transaction batching and onchain liquidity management.
- Galoy CLI - a Command Line Interface (CLI) client for interacting with Galoy Core.
End-user and merchant experiences
- Mobile Wallet – simple end user experience enables send/receive onchain and Lightning. Mobile wallet includes educational onboarding quiz & merchant map.
- Galoy Pay – web application end users can share online or display in person to receive payments to their account.
- Dashboard – enables monitoring usage and performance of the instance
- Admin panel – web application which lets a support team manage users and transactions on their galoy instance.
Dive a little deeper and start exploring our API reference to get an idea of everything that's possible with the API: